The main responsibility of this position is to offload seed from trucks at the offloading facility, housekeeping of the silo complex, cleaning of the seed silos when required, ensure screenings are bagged and stored.
• Offloading of all incoming seed from trucks (canola- and maize germ seed or any other material). Will ensure all material is removed from trucks.
• Will ensure screenings from cleaning plant are always collected in bulk bags and stored according to good stacking principles.
• Clean out seed silos when instructed by silo operator.
• Cleaning of plant equipment, building and all surrounding areas of silo complex continuously according to the master cleaning schedule.
• Will report all quality-related problems immediately to silo operator.
• Will report all mechanical and maintenance faults observed during operation of the plant immediately to silo operator.
• Assist silo operator with general tasks within the silo complex as determined by operator or management.
• Will comply to safety, food safety, and environmental procedures as per SOILL policy. It can be expected from all employees to be appointed with certain responsibilities as required by OSHact, Food safety regulations and environmental regulations.
• Any other reasonable task allocated by silo operator as required by plant operations. It can be expected for this person to assist to perform general duties in other areas as instructed by management.
Education and skills
• Grade 12
• Literate in Afrikaans or English
• Previous experience in working in a silo environment would be an advantage
• Forklift experience will be an advantage
We invite candidates to forward their comprehensive CV’s to the Human Resources Department via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver by no later than Friday, 22 January 2021.
Send comprehensive CV’s to email@example.com