The main task of this position is to service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establishes new accounts to achieve company/sales objective(s) in the Wholesale and Food Services industry.
• Contribute towards maximizing selling opportunities within the greater selling team to ensure that all sales opportunities are maximized.
• Grow business in Wholesale and Food Services market segment by establishing new relationships and develop business opportunities.
• Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person, via telephone calls and emails.
• Arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business.
• Negotiate terms of an agreement and closing sales within authorized parameters.
• Gather market and customer information and give feedback to manager.
• Log client activities on CRM and follow up on clients.
• Manage the respective channels sales agents in respect to merchandising and in-store sales.
• Weekly and monthly reporting on activities, figures and market.
• Attain budget across all channels as set out by manager.
• Promote product lines by coordinating with store management and media relations teams.
• Create sale goals for each store and communicate them to store management.
• Evaluate metrics on specific product lines and instruct Store Mangers to adjust inventory appropriately
• Prepare monthly and quarterly sales reports and submits your findings and analysis to senior management.
• Daily planning, managing draft SO’s with Sales administrator.
• Serve as the point of contact with vendors, distributors and brokers in region.
• Inform senior management of any discrepancies or issues with sales team goals and results.
• Accomplishes sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed
• Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements, and preparing an annual budget.
• Effectively implement the merchandising strategy:
o Basic merchandising of the company’s stock on customers shelfs
o Take a photo of the shelf (Before and After)
o Identify if all products have a price talker request a new price indicator (PI) to be printed if there are missing prices
o Identify if there is sufficient stock on the shelf, investigate if there is any stock in the storeroom
o Maintains inventory by restocking shelves with product from inventory; observing inventory levels; prompting store management to reorder when levels appear low
o Ensure that the stock is packed according to set planogram
o Ensure that stock sits at the front of the shelf with label(s) correctly aligned
o Install point of sales (POS) in wholesalers
o Ensure that all point of sale (POS) material is displayed correctly and undamaged, any damaged POS material will be removed and replaced
• Install Freestanding units (FSU), Gondola ends and cross-merchandising in wholesalers.
• Implement a cross-merchandising strategy.
• Market intelligence:
o The current selling price of Southern oil products and competitor prices is then captured by sales employee
o Product stock sold per period
• Any quality-related issues are escalated to the Quality control manager.
• Following daily/ weekly and monthly call cycle.
• Reporting daily/ weekly/ monthly on set objectives per store per visit.
• In-store activation(s) (Wet demos):
o Ensure stock is available as agreed for instore activations (wet demos)
o Ensure execution of wet demo(s) weekdays and weekends
• Grow value-added sales in the Independent market segment per area allocated:
o Food Services and Wholesale segment
Education and Experience:
• A 2-year diploma in sales/marketing
• Computer literacy, especially Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook)
• Valid Driver’s license
• At least 5-year relevant experience in the Wholesale and Food Services environment (FMCG)
• Strong established relationships within FMCG market (Wholesale & Food Services)
• Proven ability to meet sales goals
• Customer service orientated
• Excellent negotiation skill
• Excellent communication skills English, both written and spoken
• Strong financial acumen (Sales orientated)
• Self-starter/ Ability to work independent
• Accept responsibility and accountability
• Professionalism and presentable
• Relationship building
• Awareness of Market Environment
• Persuasiveness/ Sales Ability
• Assertive nature
We invite candidates to forward their comprehensive CV’s to the Human Resources Department via e-mail email@example.com or hand deliver by no later than Tuesday, 02 March 2021.
Send comprehensive CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org